I really don't do much to my pictures and if it was intended to be illustrative and was bad then that's different. I took a bunch the other day and I expected better and should have been able to do much better. Even though I know if you zoom in how quickly the picture becomes compromised. This is the original and the only one I took of the whole damn thing. I didn't like it and didn't like the attempts to improve it.
I took it over to Picasa and brought it back I really like Picasa and I like what you can do there but I like some things that comes with Pentax ACD that I use primarily. They do not work well together and keep picasa in another drive and work with pictures there. It's a pain in the butt and it's like getting rid of your land line - it's hard to do.
Bottom line this has not been zoomed in on not even a bit and it just wasn't that good to begin with. I took a bunch and should have done a whole lot better. It was there for a long time.
Here is the picture you liked from Picasa. I think this might be better but it was dark out to begin with and again was hunting for a picture. This is a morning shot. This couple mile stretch is interesting like this.
Here's the meat. Beveled glass doors - old ones! I have never seen anything like this. I'll be knocking on this door in Pueblo one of these days for sure. I couldn't find the damn thing again but kept riding that bike and finally got it. These sidelights are just amazing. There are many different variations in both oval and rectangular. This is just wow. There's another reason.
Two years ago at cousin Al's in Oct took this early morning shot . Picture's terrible but it's the color that I like of the red.
Right below where I took the picture above was this globe and it looked interesting. Took it outside and held it up to the sun and took some and this was one of the keepers. This generated a bit of attention. It's cool. I'll take a picture of any damn thing
This was taken at the same time I believe. For right into the sun - it works for me.
This one and the one below it were were taken at the same place of course later in the day. I think it was the first one I used on the blog but the second one is maybe better. When I took both these pictures I'm sure the camera was somewhere below my belt.
This is what they use back in what was my cornfields. This dealership has been in my Mom's family 75 years or more I suppose. Dad worked there. I worked there a bit to help out when they were real busy a couple times when I was in between things. I actually worked at the International dealer. These were good times.
This is close by there too. There were a number of pictures of these. Closer up and like through the alley way and stuff. I think this may have gotten turned into a black and white. Most were real decent. But I'm the only judge too.
This is where I learned most of what carries me today. K-6th. It's slightly bigger than what it looks and is built into a hillside a bit. The gymnasium is below ground level. This had k-12 believe it or not. This tiny school generated a state baseball championship. And to think that every small town in Iowa had it's own school just like this. This is Rodman and the high school was the first to go many years ago.
This is a terrible picture but road pictures can work sometimes though.
This was hanging on the fridge where I took the other pictures. This little girl who I'm sure is a niece or something to them is waaaay too cute. Pictures of pictures can turn out to be real decent sometimes.
What's all this have to do with beveled glass doors. There are not many left and there are more where I'm going. I'm always looking at doors in houses the older ones anyway. From the inside the bevel changes what you see normally. It's doesn't bend light but distorts what you see in a real good way. Particularly the old stuff because the bevel is 1.25 and sometimes 1.5 inches wide.
Early morning light with any combination of the following. Color like in the one picture. Fine embroidery that is used quite a bit to accent and cover doors like these. It looks like that door in Pueblo might have something behind it.Greenery coming out of a pot on a table with the door in the back. I just think the results if a person got real lucky with his pictures would be just amazing. It won't be easily accomplished and will take a bit of luck..
The whole way out I'll be looking. One of the reasons for the bike is to be able to ride around and look for things like this in a safer environment than a car. Old Mississippi River towns have a lot of beveled glass and we're riding around Quincy,Il to do just that. Seen a part of these incredible old money and old big homes in that town. I can't wait to see these homes again. We only drove around for a few minutes. It will be different this time.
Maybe I find something then I have to go ask. I will do that because that's what has to be done. There's Keokuk,Hamilton and Nauvoo. I bet there's a better chance I can get in a house with a beveled glass door than I can get inside that temple in Nauvoo and sneak a few.
Anyway stuff like that. This has been on my mind for a long time and now I have the time to do it. It will probably be a bust and that's fine too.
The moths are really gross. Tomorrow I'm going to set up the tripod and video camera and open a few doors to illustrate. If it illustrates what I want to show I will. I'm thinking 50-50 chance.
It's suppose to be fun damn it and it is.













1 comment:
I think you are a very good photographer. I also think you should join Sunday Stills, we are always trying to learn new things and you should could be part of our world wide group.
The rainbow was WOW! You got the beginning and the end. Something I hope to do someday.
Also the land where you took the rainbow shot made me think you were around here some where.
No moths here, I'll let you keep them.
Our irrigation water is a serious problem this year...they are cutting everyone back to 80% and we are NOT even in May yet. 80% is usually an August thing.
Has Terry and I VERY concerned!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com
Post a Comment